Masonry is a small, but nimble design and development firm based in Austin, Texas. Though websites are our main discipline, our work also spans print, advertising, environmental, event, and many other areas of design.
An ideal addition to our studio is an individual who is self-motivated, accountable, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn and grow as a designer.
- UX / UI design website design in Sketch
- Logo and Brand Identity development, along with thorough style guides
- Print design, created in InDesign
- Other digital design, including email templates, advertising design, Word/Powerpoint template creation, and infographics
- Collaboration with other team members
- Taking ownership of projects
- Staying organized and delivering on-time
- Occasionally will be asked to perform design tasks outside of this job description. (Ex: Photo shoots)
Skills & qualifications:
- Strong portfolio showcasing digital, print and brand identity design
- Proven ability to collaborate with design, development and marketing disciplines
- Knowledge of web development and how responsive website design works
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to create wireframes Sketch
- Ability to understand client needs, and ability to deliver on them
- Thorough knowledge of Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Microsoft products
Other qualities we look for:
- Any HTML/CSS/JS experience is a plus
- Photography knowledge is a plus
- Comfortable writing blog posts about design
- Ability to visualize and implement creative and modern interactive elements to the website
- Organized, ambitious, able to step in when needed
- Conceptual thinker with a keen eye for detail
- Open and responsive to critique
- Ability to explain the concepts and thoughts behind your design work
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, effectively manage priorities and communicate progress
Relevant Work Experience/Education:
We need is someone we can trust to get work done, and done well. We want to see a solid portfolio showing good HTML practices, interactive elements through CSS or JS, and clean, modern design skills.
About this job:
This is a full-time position in east Austin. Ability to work in the office most days is required. You can, however, have the flexibility to work from home periodically.
Who is Masonry?:
We are a small digital creative agency in east Austin. We are devoted to creating exceptional websites and expertly designed products custom built for each individual client. We believe that every business is unique and strive to find the best solutions for their needs. We view our clients as long-term partners and believe that our success is directly related to their success.
To apply, please fill out the form below: